Mar 31, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Just Marketing Inc., the global motorsports marketing company that was founded by current INDYCAR CEO candidate Zak Brown, is now up for sale.
According to Jenna Fryer of the Associated Press, Brown informed the JMI staff that Spire Capital Partners is trying to sell its 60 percent stake in the company. As for any possible connections to a potential jump to INDYCAR by Brown, a copy of the memo obtained by the AP states that any sale is “completely unrelated” to that scenario.
“There is no immediate timeline in place for a transaction to occur and no guarantee that one will occur in the near future,” wrote Brown, who still owns a 20 percent stake in JMI (the other 20 percent is with the WPP advertising agency).
“JMI’s leadership and employees continue to be focused on providing excellent service to our clients and continue to grow our business.”
During the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg weekend, Brown was acknowledged by Hulman & Co. CEO Mark Miles as a candidate to replace Randy Bernard as IndyCar’s top dog. Right now, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president and CEO Jeff Belskus is handling that job on an interim basis.
“I have a lot of passion for IndyCar and I’m getting to know Mark,” Brown told the AP in an e-mail about the situation. “We are exploring to see if there’s a way to work together. It’s a great product and I’m positive I could contribute to its growth and success.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 80
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 11
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1