Apr 1, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
It’s Major League Baseball’s opening day, and although the hubs of IndyCar and NASCAR are based in cities without MLB franchises (Indianapolis and Charlotte), that doesn’t mean there aren’t some key rooting interests.
Two fairly notable ones are IndyCar drivers JR Hildebrand (pictured) and Charlie Kimball, who are devout fans of two different teams in the NL West.
Hildebrand’s San Francisco Giants are coming off their second World Series triumph in the last three years… and open up today against Kimball’s Los Angeles Dodgers.
“Hell yeah it’s #OpeningDay and @SFGiants baseball is back, against those Dodgers no less. Only one thing left to say….. #BEATLA,” Hildebrand tweeted Monday.
A simpler tweet from Kimball read, “It’s time for @Dodgers baseball! #OpeningDay”
Kimball’s and Hildebrand’s opening days in IndyCar were less than satisfactory. Kimball finished 12th while Hildebrand made contact with Will Power under a caution flag, crashing out of the race at St. Petersburg.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0