Apr 1, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
It’s Major League Baseball’s opening day, and although the hubs of IndyCar and NASCAR are based in cities without MLB franchises (Indianapolis and Charlotte), that doesn’t mean there aren’t some key rooting interests.
Two fairly notable ones are IndyCar drivers JR Hildebrand (pictured) and Charlie Kimball, who are devout fans of two different teams in the NL West.
Hildebrand’s San Francisco Giants are coming off their second World Series triumph in the last three years… and open up today against Kimball’s Los Angeles Dodgers.
“Hell yeah it’s #OpeningDay and @SFGiants baseball is back, against those Dodgers no less. Only one thing left to say….. #BEATLA,” Hildebrand tweeted Monday.
A simpler tweet from Kimball read, “It’s time for @Dodgers baseball! #OpeningDay”
Kimball’s and Hildebrand’s opening days in IndyCar were less than satisfactory. Kimball finished 12th while Hildebrand made contact with Will Power under a caution flag, crashing out of the race at St. Petersburg.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)