Apr 1, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
It’s Major League Baseball’s opening day, and although the hubs of IndyCar and NASCAR are based in cities without MLB franchises (Indianapolis and Charlotte), that doesn’t mean there aren’t some key rooting interests.
Two fairly notable ones are IndyCar drivers JR Hildebrand (pictured) and Charlie Kimball, who are devout fans of two different teams in the NL West.
Hildebrand’s San Francisco Giants are coming off their second World Series triumph in the last three years… and open up today against Kimball’s Los Angeles Dodgers.
“Hell yeah it’s #OpeningDay and @SFGiants baseball is back, against those Dodgers no less. Only one thing left to say….. #BEATLA,” Hildebrand tweeted Monday.
A simpler tweet from Kimball read, “It’s time for @Dodgers baseball! #OpeningDay”
Kimball’s and Hildebrand’s opening days in IndyCar were less than satisfactory. Kimball finished 12th while Hildebrand made contact with Will Power under a caution flag, crashing out of the race at St. Petersburg.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0