Apr 1, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
When Danica Patrick met the Obamas, a picture of her trip to the White House was tweeted.
It’s odd timing perhaps given today’s date of April 1, and the litany of joke releases that populate the Internet as a result, but Patrick did offer photographic proof of her on the White House lawn for the Easter Egg roll in Washington, D.C. on her Twitter page.
“Just met the whole Obama family including their dog Bo!” Patrick tweeted early Monday.
NASCAR, like all major series, had off this past weekend for Easter. So in lieu of a simple break and staying out of the spotlight, it appears Patrick took the opportunity to visit the nation’s most iconic house.
Since her rapid start to the year with pole position and an eighth place finish in the Daytona 500, Patrick’s results have cooled off. In the last four races, her best qualifying effort has been only 37th with a best finish of 26th, last race at Auto Club Speedway.
Sponsor GoDaddy entered victory lane in IndyCar a little more than a week ago with James Hinchcliffe of Andretti Autosport on the streets of St. Petersburg.
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 0
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
- Ricciardo Australian GP disqualification upheld by FIA 3
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- Clint Bowyer hits ‘white-of-your-eyes-fast’ speed of 217 mph in tire test at Michigan (13)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)