Apr 1, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
When Danica Patrick met the Obamas, a picture of her trip to the White House was tweeted.
It’s odd timing perhaps given today’s date of April 1, and the litany of joke releases that populate the Internet as a result, but Patrick did offer photographic proof of her on the White House lawn for the Easter Egg roll in Washington, D.C. on her Twitter page.
“Just met the whole Obama family including their dog Bo!” Patrick tweeted early Monday.
NASCAR, like all major series, had off this past weekend for Easter. So in lieu of a simple break and staying out of the spotlight, it appears Patrick took the opportunity to visit the nation’s most iconic house.
Since her rapid start to the year with pole position and an eighth place finish in the Daytona 500, Patrick’s results have cooled off. In the last four races, her best qualifying effort has been only 37th with a best finish of 26th, last race at Auto Club Speedway.
Sponsor GoDaddy entered victory lane in IndyCar a little more than a week ago with James Hinchcliffe of Andretti Autosport on the streets of St. Petersburg.
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes 7
- Team co-owned by Leonardo DiCaprio is 10th and last for FE 1
- Franchitti’s ride appears down to Briscoe or Tagliani vs. the field 2
- Jay Mohr’s skewering monologue stars at NASCAR banquet (VIDEO) 1
- Todt re-elected as FIA President, plans “ambitious” second term 1
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)