Apr 1, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
When Danica Patrick met the Obamas, a picture of her trip to the White House was tweeted.
It’s odd timing perhaps given today’s date of April 1, and the litany of joke releases that populate the Internet as a result, but Patrick did offer photographic proof of her on the White House lawn for the Easter Egg roll in Washington, D.C. on her Twitter page.
“Just met the whole Obama family including their dog Bo!” Patrick tweeted early Monday.
NASCAR, like all major series, had off this past weekend for Easter. So in lieu of a simple break and staying out of the spotlight, it appears Patrick took the opportunity to visit the nation’s most iconic house.
Since her rapid start to the year with pole position and an eighth place finish in the Daytona 500, Patrick’s results have cooled off. In the last four races, her best qualifying effort has been only 37th with a best finish of 26th, last race at Auto Club Speedway.
Sponsor GoDaddy entered victory lane in IndyCar a little more than a week ago with James Hinchcliffe of Andretti Autosport on the streets of St. Petersburg.
Video from NASCAR America
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 1
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0