Apr 2, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Support flowed in via Twitter throughout Tuesday once it was confirmed Conor Daly would be making his Indianapolis 500 debut with A.J. Foyt Racing.
From fellow Indy rookie AJ Allmendinger (right), “Congrats on the deal man,” followed by a “Haha now u make me feel old lol” once Daly had tweeted Allmendinger saying he had Allmendinger’s Champ Car rookie season (2004) hero card.
Teammate Takuma Sato had this to say: “Congratulations @ConorDaly22! Welcome to @AJFoytRacing. Look forward to work with you in May.”
Superlatives came from NBC Sports Network Formula 1 pit reporter Will Buxton, who offered this: “Huge news. Finally confirmed. @ConorDaly22 will race the 2013 Indy 500 with @AJFoytRacing. Mega. Epic. Etc.”
Other tweets from the racing world, primarily from fellow IndyCar drivers, are below:
- JR Hildebrand: “see ya at the track brah…”
- Sebastian Saavedra: “congrats brotha! Ill see you in may. #Indy500orBust #wellDeserved”
- Tony Kanaan: “congrats my friend.”
- Will Power: “Good to see mate.. Congrats.”
- Graham Rahal: “waiting for my agent fee ; ) congrats again dude! need your help finishing up the karts!”
- Marco Andretti: “congrats man”
- James Hinchcliffe: “you better stay out of my way punk!….just kidding, congrats dude! Enjoy every moment of May. It’s gunna be a ride!”
- Ryan Dalziel: “big congrats buddy. Well deserved.”
Not bad for a rookie set to make his first oval start.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and he wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14