Apr 2, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Support flowed in via Twitter throughout Tuesday once it was confirmed Conor Daly would be making his Indianapolis 500 debut with A.J. Foyt Racing.
From fellow Indy rookie AJ Allmendinger (right), “Congrats on the deal man,” followed by a “Haha now u make me feel old lol” once Daly had tweeted Allmendinger saying he had Allmendinger’s Champ Car rookie season (2004) hero card.
Teammate Takuma Sato had this to say: “Congratulations @ConorDaly22! Welcome to @AJFoytRacing. Look forward to work with you in May.”
Superlatives came from NBC Sports Network Formula 1 pit reporter Will Buxton, who offered this: “Huge news. Finally confirmed. @ConorDaly22 will race the 2013 Indy 500 with @AJFoytRacing. Mega. Epic. Etc.”
Other tweets from the racing world, primarily from fellow IndyCar drivers, are below:
- JR Hildebrand: “see ya at the track brah…”
- Sebastian Saavedra: “congrats brotha! Ill see you in may. #Indy500orBust #wellDeserved”
- Tony Kanaan: “congrats my friend.”
- Will Power: “Good to see mate.. Congrats.”
- Graham Rahal: “waiting for my agent fee ; ) congrats again dude! need your help finishing up the karts!”
- Marco Andretti: “congrats man”
- James Hinchcliffe: “you better stay out of my way punk!….just kidding, congrats dude! Enjoy every moment of May. It’s gunna be a ride!”
- Ryan Dalziel: “big congrats buddy. Well deserved.”
Not bad for a rookie set to make his first oval start.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1