Apr 3, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Ana Beatriz will retain the seat of Dale Coyne Racing’s No. 18 Dallara-Honda at least through the Indianapolis 500. The IZOD IndyCar Series team confirmed the news Wednesday.
Stefan Wilson, younger brother of Justin Wilson, Coyne’s other driver, had tested for the team at IndyCar’s official preseason test at Barber Motorsports Park, site of this weekend’s second round of the season.
Although out of a seat until at least Detroit in June, perhaps later with four oval rounds to follow thereafter, Wilson remained positive.
“Wasn’t able to get things sorted in time for the #HIGPA. Hoping there will be an opportunity to do a few @indycar races later this season,” Stefan Wilson tweeted Wednesday. “Want to wish the best to Ana and the #18 crew and @DaleCoyneRacing and of course @justin_wilson. I’ll be on the timing stand supporting them.”
Beatriz now has her longest consecutive stint in a car since her only full season of competition in 2011. Beatriz started four races in 2010 and two in 2012. She has yet to record a top-10 finish in her IndyCar career of 23 starts, and has two wins in the Firestone Indy Lights Series, where she has finished third in the championship. Her equipment has been less than satisfactory for most of her IndyCar starts.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5