Apr 3, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Ana Beatriz will retain the seat of Dale Coyne Racing’s No. 18 Dallara-Honda at least through the Indianapolis 500. The IZOD IndyCar Series team confirmed the news Wednesday.
Stefan Wilson, younger brother of Justin Wilson, Coyne’s other driver, had tested for the team at IndyCar’s official preseason test at Barber Motorsports Park, site of this weekend’s second round of the season.
Although out of a seat until at least Detroit in June, perhaps later with four oval rounds to follow thereafter, Wilson remained positive.
“Wasn’t able to get things sorted in time for the #HIGPA. Hoping there will be an opportunity to do a few @indycar races later this season,” Stefan Wilson tweeted Wednesday. “Want to wish the best to Ana and the #18 crew and @DaleCoyneRacing and of course @justin_wilson. I’ll be on the timing stand supporting them.”
Beatriz now has her longest consecutive stint in a car since her only full season of competition in 2011. Beatriz started four races in 2010 and two in 2012. She has yet to record a top-10 finish in her IndyCar career of 23 starts, and has two wins in the Firestone Indy Lights Series, where she has finished third in the championship. Her equipment has been less than satisfactory for most of her IndyCar starts.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0