Apr 3, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Denny Hamlin joined The Dan Patrick Show, which airs on NBC Sports Network, on Wednesday to discuss his broken vertebrae that has sidelined him for six weeks as a result of contact with Joey Logano at Auto Club Speedway.
Hamlin, who’s already been fined $25,000 this year for comments about NASCAR’s new Generation 6 car, pulled no punches in what was a wide-ranging interview.
The driver of the No. 11 FedEx Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing said of Logano, “He was stuck on the fence of whether it was intentional. If it wasn’t intentional, it’s the worst car control I’ve seen as a driver.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4