Apr 3, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Chip Ganassi Racing is doing an across the board partnership with Novo Nordisk this weekend and its “Race with Insulin” diabetes initiative.
Charlie Kimball’s No. 83 Novo Nordisk CGR Dallara-Honda will have its usual orange and blue livery inverted at the IZOD IndyCar Series race at Barber Motorsports Park (Sunday, 3 p.m. EST, Barber Motorsports Park), while Jamie McMurray’s No. 1 Chevrolet will also have the Race with Insulin livery at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Martinsville Speedway.
Ganassi’s other cars (Scott Dixon and Dario Franchitti in IndyCar, Juan Pablo Montoya in NASCAR and its Daytona Prototype in the GRAND-AM Rolex Series) will all sport blue tire rims to match.
“If our team can help others understand that even with diabetes, you can live life to the fullest, then we are glad to help,” Ganassi said. “Charlie is an emerging talent in the racecar, and he is an even better human being. A program like this speaks volumes about him.”
Kimball, the first licensed driver with Type One diabetes to complete the Indianapolis 500, is in his third season of IndyCar racing. More information can be found on the Race with Insulin website.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5