Apr 3, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Chip Ganassi Racing is doing an across the board partnership with Novo Nordisk this weekend and its “Race with Insulin” diabetes initiative.
Charlie Kimball’s No. 83 Novo Nordisk CGR Dallara-Honda will have its usual orange and blue livery inverted at the IZOD IndyCar Series race at Barber Motorsports Park (Sunday, 3 p.m. EST, Barber Motorsports Park), while Jamie McMurray’s No. 1 Chevrolet will also have the Race with Insulin livery at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Martinsville Speedway.
Ganassi’s other cars (Scott Dixon and Dario Franchitti in IndyCar, Juan Pablo Montoya in NASCAR and its Daytona Prototype in the GRAND-AM Rolex Series) will all sport blue tire rims to match.
“If our team can help others understand that even with diabetes, you can live life to the fullest, then we are glad to help,” Ganassi said. “Charlie is an emerging talent in the racecar, and he is an even better human being. A program like this speaks volumes about him.”
Kimball, the first licensed driver with Type One diabetes to complete the Indianapolis 500, is in his third season of IndyCar racing. More information can be found on the Race with Insulin website.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 11
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10