Apr 3, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Chip Ganassi Racing is doing an across the board partnership with Novo Nordisk this weekend and its “Race with Insulin” diabetes initiative.
Charlie Kimball’s No. 83 Novo Nordisk CGR Dallara-Honda will have its usual orange and blue livery inverted at the IZOD IndyCar Series race at Barber Motorsports Park (Sunday, 3 p.m. EST, Barber Motorsports Park), while Jamie McMurray’s No. 1 Chevrolet will also have the Race with Insulin livery at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Martinsville Speedway.
Ganassi’s other cars (Scott Dixon and Dario Franchitti in IndyCar, Juan Pablo Montoya in NASCAR and its Daytona Prototype in the GRAND-AM Rolex Series) will all sport blue tire rims to match.
“If our team can help others understand that even with diabetes, you can live life to the fullest, then we are glad to help,” Ganassi said. “Charlie is an emerging talent in the racecar, and he is an even better human being. A program like this speaks volumes about him.”
Kimball, the first licensed driver with Type One diabetes to complete the Indianapolis 500, is in his third season of IndyCar racing. More information can be found on the Race with Insulin website.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)