Apr 3, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Chip Ganassi Racing is doing an across the board partnership with Novo Nordisk this weekend and its “Race with Insulin” diabetes initiative.
Charlie Kimball’s No. 83 Novo Nordisk CGR Dallara-Honda will have its usual orange and blue livery inverted at the IZOD IndyCar Series race at Barber Motorsports Park (Sunday, 3 p.m. EST, Barber Motorsports Park), while Jamie McMurray’s No. 1 Chevrolet will also have the Race with Insulin livery at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Martinsville Speedway.
Ganassi’s other cars (Scott Dixon and Dario Franchitti in IndyCar, Juan Pablo Montoya in NASCAR and its Daytona Prototype in the GRAND-AM Rolex Series) will all sport blue tire rims to match.
“If our team can help others understand that even with diabetes, you can live life to the fullest, then we are glad to help,” Ganassi said. “Charlie is an emerging talent in the racecar, and he is an even better human being. A program like this speaks volumes about him.”
Kimball, the first licensed driver with Type One diabetes to complete the Indianapolis 500, is in his third season of IndyCar racing. More information can be found on the Race with Insulin website.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 10
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5