Apr 4, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Christian Horner has encouraged Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber to focus on the championship rivals outside of Red Bull instead of their own internal battle.
“They know the real opponents sit outside of the team, not inside the team,” Horner told Sky Sports. “All the success we have achieved has come working as a group, as a unit, and that will continue.”
The unity of the team has come under scrutiny as of late following the Malaysian Grand Prix, which saw Vettel ignore team orders to pass Webber and claim the win. Horner made it clear that Red Bull have put the situation behind them as they look to claim a fourth consecutive drivers and constructors’ championship double.
“Both of them know what the team’s views were of Malaysia. It is something that has been discussed, something that has been addressed.
“I don’t expect them to be spending Christmas together or anything like that, but they are professional individuals who will work to ensure we keep moving forward.”
Horner is also confident that the rivalry between his drivers can lead to some strong results for Red Bull in 2013.
“They will feed off each other, push each other, and ultimately that brings the best out of them.
“Sebastian brings the best out of Mark, and Mark brings the best out of Sebastian because they push each other so hard.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 0
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 1
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 2
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 8