Apr 5, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Clint Bowyer’s sponsor for the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway will actually carry a message promoting firearm safety.
The No. 15 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota, usually adorned in 5 Hour Energy colors, will carry Gander Mountain Co. signage at Texas. The national outdoor retailer will feature the message: “With Rights Comes Responsibility: Secure Your Firearms.”
Bowyer, an active outdoorsman and gun owner, practices what he’ll be preaching.
“A lot of the people that have guns say that they’re practicing these things,” Bowyer told the AP. “Truth be told, if you go and check yourself, you can usually do a lot more. That’s the biggest thing.”
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2