Apr 5, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Clint Bowyer’s sponsor for the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway will actually carry a message promoting firearm safety.
The No. 15 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota, usually adorned in 5 Hour Energy colors, will carry Gander Mountain Co. signage at Texas. The national outdoor retailer will feature the message: “With Rights Comes Responsibility: Secure Your Firearms.”
Bowyer, an active outdoorsman and gun owner, practices what he’ll be preaching.
“A lot of the people that have guns say that they’re practicing these things,” Bowyer told the AP. “Truth be told, if you go and check yourself, you can usually do a lot more. That’s the biggest thing.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 4