Apr 5, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Clint Bowyer’s sponsor for the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway will actually carry a message promoting firearm safety.
The No. 15 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota, usually adorned in 5 Hour Energy colors, will carry Gander Mountain Co. signage at Texas. The national outdoor retailer will feature the message: “With Rights Comes Responsibility: Secure Your Firearms.”
Bowyer, an active outdoorsman and gun owner, practices what he’ll be preaching.
“A lot of the people that have guns say that they’re practicing these things,” Bowyer told the AP. “Truth be told, if you go and check yourself, you can usually do a lot more. That’s the biggest thing.”
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 1
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 4
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 3
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6