Apr 5, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Clint Bowyer’s sponsor for the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway will actually carry a message promoting firearm safety.
The No. 15 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota, usually adorned in 5 Hour Energy colors, will carry Gander Mountain Co. signage at Texas. The national outdoor retailer will feature the message: “With Rights Comes Responsibility: Secure Your Firearms.”
Bowyer, an active outdoorsman and gun owner, practices what he’ll be preaching.
“A lot of the people that have guns say that they’re practicing these things,” Bowyer told the AP. “Truth be told, if you go and check yourself, you can usually do a lot more. That’s the biggest thing.”
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)