Apr 5, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Clint Bowyer’s sponsor for the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway will actually carry a message promoting firearm safety.
The No. 15 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota, usually adorned in 5 Hour Energy colors, will carry Gander Mountain Co. signage at Texas. The national outdoor retailer will feature the message: “With Rights Comes Responsibility: Secure Your Firearms.”
Bowyer, an active outdoorsman and gun owner, practices what he’ll be preaching.
“A lot of the people that have guns say that they’re practicing these things,” Bowyer told the AP. “Truth be told, if you go and check yourself, you can usually do a lot more. That’s the biggest thing.”
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)