Apr 6, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Nico Rosberg is looking forward to returning to the scene of his first grand prix victory at the Chinese Grand Prix next weekend.
The Mercedes driver claimed his first win after 111 starts in Shanghai last season, leading the majority of the race having started from pole position. These fond memories will undoubtedly make this race all the more special for Rosberg.
“I travel to China next week with very good memories from winning my first Formula One race in Shanghai last year, and having led the race there for the past three years,” Rosberg explained.
“I enjoy the Shanghai track a great deal and I have a positive feeling going there with the car that we have at the moment.”
The race is also off the back of a strong result for Mercedes, after finishing third and fourth in Malaysia, but Rosberg has revealed that they are still looking to better the W04.
“The team have been working very hard to develop our car since returning from Malaysia and I will be at the factory on Monday to complete my preparations in the simulator for the next two races.
“We’ve had a strong start to the season and I’m confident that we can keep pushing and hopefully score some good results in China and Bahrain.”
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 3
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2