Apr 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
After two seasons with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Victor Carbone will drive the No. 22 Team Moore Racing machine in Firestone Indy Lights for the rest of the season.
The Brazilian racer and Miami resident finished sixth last year in the FIL championship, earning two podium finishes at Iowa and Toronto and seven top-5 finishes along the way. He was fifth-quickest across the Lights’ practice sessions on Friday at Barber Motorsports Park.
“I am very happy to be a part of Team Moore and I am looking forward to what this year will bring me,” Carbone said in a statement. “I am excited to work with all the team and achieve the best results we can together.”
Carbone has one Lights win to his credit, taking the checkered flag at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2011 for SPM.
Team owner Mark Moore, who also runs a program for Mexican driver Juan Pablo Garcia, is excited to see Carbone join his team and thinks he’ll be able to create some chemistry with his new teammate.
“[Carbone] is a fine young man,” he said. “I have had my eye on him the past few seasons and I believe he has huge potential and lots of talent. I can’t wait to see how he does in one our cars.
“I believe he and Juan Pablo will be excellent teammates and work very well together. It’s great for our series to get another contender back out on the track.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 1
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0