Apr 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
After two seasons with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Victor Carbone will drive the No. 22 Team Moore Racing machine in Firestone Indy Lights for the rest of the season.
The Brazilian racer and Miami resident finished sixth last year in the FIL championship, earning two podium finishes at Iowa and Toronto and seven top-5 finishes along the way. He was fifth-quickest across the Lights’ practice sessions on Friday at Barber Motorsports Park.
“I am very happy to be a part of Team Moore and I am looking forward to what this year will bring me,” Carbone said in a statement. “I am excited to work with all the team and achieve the best results we can together.”
Carbone has one Lights win to his credit, taking the checkered flag at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2011 for SPM.
Team owner Mark Moore, who also runs a program for Mexican driver Juan Pablo Garcia, is excited to see Carbone join his team and thinks he’ll be able to create some chemistry with his new teammate.
“[Carbone] is a fine young man,” he said. “I have had my eye on him the past few seasons and I believe he has huge potential and lots of talent. I can’t wait to see how he does in one our cars.
“I believe he and Juan Pablo will be excellent teammates and work very well together. It’s great for our series to get another contender back out on the track.”
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2