Apr 7, 2013, 7:30 AM EST
Jules Bianchi has set his sights on a seat with Ferrari in the future, but he has cooled all talk of a move to the team soon, claiming that his focus is with Marussia for the time being.
“I am still speaking to Ferrari as I am still part of their Driver Academy,” Bianchi told Sky Sports. “So for sure they look at what I am doing.”
“But, I don’t want to put any extra pressure – I am with Marussia now, I want to do a good job for them and then we will see what happens.”
Bianchi did however admit that his long-term goal was to step up to a full time seat with Ferrari, although he does not expect to make the move for 2014.
“It is something we have in mind because I already have a contract with them in the Academy, so we want for sure to do something in the future. But, it is too early to know about that. We have done only two races, we still have 17 races to do and we will see what happens.
“I need to stay at this level first of all and improve. We will see next year what happens, but I would be pleased to stay with Marussia next year again.”
Bianchi is clearly a star for the future, even though he is only two races in to his F1 career. If the French youngster can continue his good form, he will certainly be in the running for Felipe Massa’s seat in the next year or two.
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 5
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)