Apr 7, 2013, 7:30 AM EDT
Jules Bianchi has set his sights on a seat with Ferrari in the future, but he has cooled all talk of a move to the team soon, claiming that his focus is with Marussia for the time being.
“I am still speaking to Ferrari as I am still part of their Driver Academy,” Bianchi told Sky Sports. “So for sure they look at what I am doing.”
“But, I don’t want to put any extra pressure – I am with Marussia now, I want to do a good job for them and then we will see what happens.”
Bianchi did however admit that his long-term goal was to step up to a full time seat with Ferrari, although he does not expect to make the move for 2014.
“It is something we have in mind because I already have a contract with them in the Academy, so we want for sure to do something in the future. But, it is too early to know about that. We have done only two races, we still have 17 races to do and we will see what happens.
“I need to stay at this level first of all and improve. We will see next year what happens, but I would be pleased to stay with Marussia next year again.”
Bianchi is clearly a star for the future, even though he is only two races in to his F1 career. If the French youngster can continue his good form, he will certainly be in the running for Felipe Massa’s seat in the next year or two.
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 0
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
- Ricciardo Australian GP disqualification upheld by FIA 3
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- Clint Bowyer hits ‘white-of-your-eyes-fast’ speed of 217 mph in tire test at Michigan (13)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)