Apr 7, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
In the latest part of the official Formula One website’s “Rookie Diary” series, Marussia’s Max Chilton has revealed that he is enjoying every single second of his F1 career so far.
“It’s still quite surreal to stand next to the likes of Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso on the drivers’ parade but a lot of the drivers are pretty welcoming and I haven’t felt out of place,” explained Chilton. “I’m sure in a few races it’ll feel totally normal.”
The British driver went on to detail his excitement for his home grand prix, even with the race over ten weeks away.
“I’m already looking forward to my home race at Silverstone later in the year – the British fans are the best fans in the world. Monaco is always a great one and I’m looking forward to that too – it’s so fast through those streets and I’ve never driven an F1 car there before. That’ll be exciting, as will the Belgian Grand Prix – I love the speed and the flow of Spa.”
Chilton also showed his gratitude and awareness of what a feat it was to even make the F1 grid.
“Not many people get the chance to become an F1 driver so I’m trying to enjoy every moment of it. You need to work hard and focus on every area but I want to do this for a long time so I’ve got to get the results and enjoy it at the same time – there’s no point doing a job that you don’t enjoy. At the moment I’m enjoying it and I want it to continue.”
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 0
- Kevin Harvick is halfway leader in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas 0
- NHRA king John Force charging as hard in boardroom for new sponsors as on the dragstrip 0
- Who are the new rookies in F1 this season? 0
- A save and a beauty from Matt Kenseth in Vegas (VIDEO) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)