Apr 7, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
In the latest part of the official Formula One website’s “Rookie Diary” series, Marussia’s Max Chilton has revealed that he is enjoying every single second of his F1 career so far.
“It’s still quite surreal to stand next to the likes of Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso on the drivers’ parade but a lot of the drivers are pretty welcoming and I haven’t felt out of place,” explained Chilton. “I’m sure in a few races it’ll feel totally normal.”
The British driver went on to detail his excitement for his home grand prix, even with the race over ten weeks away.
“I’m already looking forward to my home race at Silverstone later in the year – the British fans are the best fans in the world. Monaco is always a great one and I’m looking forward to that too – it’s so fast through those streets and I’ve never driven an F1 car there before. That’ll be exciting, as will the Belgian Grand Prix – I love the speed and the flow of Spa.”
Chilton also showed his gratitude and awareness of what a feat it was to even make the F1 grid.
“Not many people get the chance to become an F1 driver so I’m trying to enjoy every moment of it. You need to work hard and focus on every area but I want to do this for a long time so I’ve got to get the results and enjoy it at the same time – there’s no point doing a job that you don’t enjoy. At the moment I’m enjoying it and I want it to continue.”
Video from NASCAR America
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0