Apr 8, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Fresh off his win and one of his most complete weekends in IndyCar, Ryan Hunter-Reay took the momentum to announce the third straight edition of The Yellow Party ahead of this year’s Indianapolis 500.
“Proud to announce @RacingForCancer will host it’s 3rd @TheYellowParty on May 23rd in downtown Indy. Bigger & better than ever. #beatcancer,” Hunter-Reay tweeted on Sunday.
Hunter-Reay is a co-founder of Racing for Cancer and committed to the fight against cancer. He lost his mom from cancer just a few months before his first win with Andretti Autosport, at Long Beach in 2010.
In 2011 and 2012, “RHR” raced with the number 28 to represent the estimated 28 million people living worldwide with cancer. After winning the IndyCar championship last year, he switched to the number 1, but incorporated 28 into the design.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0