Apr 8, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Fresh off his win and one of his most complete weekends in IndyCar, Ryan Hunter-Reay took the momentum to announce the third straight edition of The Yellow Party ahead of this year’s Indianapolis 500.
“Proud to announce @RacingForCancer will host it’s 3rd @TheYellowParty on May 23rd in downtown Indy. Bigger & better than ever. #beatcancer,” Hunter-Reay tweeted on Sunday.
Hunter-Reay is a co-founder of Racing for Cancer and committed to the fight against cancer. He lost his mom from cancer just a few months before his first win with Andretti Autosport, at Long Beach in 2010.
In 2011 and 2012, “RHR” raced with the number 28 to represent the estimated 28 million people living worldwide with cancer. After winning the IndyCar championship last year, he switched to the number 1, but incorporated 28 into the design.
- Pippa Mann revels in career-best IndyCar finish at Fontana 0
- After tough recent outings, Jack Hawksworth relishes 10th-place showing at Fontana 0
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 1
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 3
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1
- Sarrazin takes surprise pole in wet London ePrix qualifying 3
- DiZinno: IndyCar’s Double-Edged Sword in Fontana 19