Apr 8, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Fresh off his win and one of his most complete weekends in IndyCar, Ryan Hunter-Reay took the momentum to announce the third straight edition of The Yellow Party ahead of this year’s Indianapolis 500.
“Proud to announce @RacingForCancer will host it’s 3rd @TheYellowParty on May 23rd in downtown Indy. Bigger & better than ever. #beatcancer,” Hunter-Reay tweeted on Sunday.
Hunter-Reay is a co-founder of Racing for Cancer and committed to the fight against cancer. He lost his mom from cancer just a few months before his first win with Andretti Autosport, at Long Beach in 2010.
In 2011 and 2012, “RHR” raced with the number 28 to represent the estimated 28 million people living worldwide with cancer. After winning the IndyCar championship last year, he switched to the number 1, but incorporated 28 into the design.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2