Apr 8, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Fresh off his win and one of his most complete weekends in IndyCar, Ryan Hunter-Reay took the momentum to announce the third straight edition of The Yellow Party ahead of this year’s Indianapolis 500.
“Proud to announce @RacingForCancer will host it’s 3rd @TheYellowParty on May 23rd in downtown Indy. Bigger & better than ever. #beatcancer,” Hunter-Reay tweeted on Sunday.
Hunter-Reay is a co-founder of Racing for Cancer and committed to the fight against cancer. He lost his mom from cancer just a few months before his first win with Andretti Autosport, at Long Beach in 2010.
In 2011 and 2012, “RHR” raced with the number 28 to represent the estimated 28 million people living worldwide with cancer. After winning the IndyCar championship last year, he switched to the number 1, but incorporated 28 into the design.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5