Apr 8, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Fresh off his win and one of his most complete weekends in IndyCar, Ryan Hunter-Reay took the momentum to announce the third straight edition of The Yellow Party ahead of this year’s Indianapolis 500.
“Proud to announce @RacingForCancer will host it’s 3rd @TheYellowParty on May 23rd in downtown Indy. Bigger & better than ever. #beatcancer,” Hunter-Reay tweeted on Sunday.
Hunter-Reay is a co-founder of Racing for Cancer and committed to the fight against cancer. He lost his mom from cancer just a few months before his first win with Andretti Autosport, at Long Beach in 2010.
In 2011 and 2012, “RHR” raced with the number 28 to represent the estimated 28 million people living worldwide with cancer. After winning the IndyCar championship last year, he switched to the number 1, but incorporated 28 into the design.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 0
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6