Apr 8, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
You know the Internet saying, “Don’t feed the trolls?” Martinsville Speedway NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winner Jimmie Johnson took time to offer a humorous tweet to dismiss any critics on Twitter.
“You haters have it right. I’m a bad teammate, I have a cheated up car, I’m lucky and the race was fixed. Gotta love twitter & #NascarFans,” Johnson tweeted Monday.
Johnson followed-up with a serious moment of reflection shortly thereafter.
“On a serious note, thanks for all of the tweets. I really appreciate the support from all my fans. #Team48 #6pack.”
The win was Johnson’s eighth at Martinsville, and perhaps a fitting bounce back after a year ago in the spring race, when contact with Clint Bowyer sent those two and Jeff Gordon spinning from win contention.
Bowyer, ever the colorful character, offered his “congratulations” in a snark-laden tweet of his own late Sunday night after finishing second.
“And……………congrats to @JimmieJohnson on yet another damn clock. #shithead” he wrote.
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2