Apr 8, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
You know the Internet saying, “Don’t feed the trolls?” Martinsville Speedway NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winner Jimmie Johnson took time to offer a humorous tweet to dismiss any critics on Twitter.
“You haters have it right. I’m a bad teammate, I have a cheated up car, I’m lucky and the race was fixed. Gotta love twitter & #NascarFans,” Johnson tweeted Monday.
Johnson followed-up with a serious moment of reflection shortly thereafter.
“On a serious note, thanks for all of the tweets. I really appreciate the support from all my fans. #Team48 #6pack.”
The win was Johnson’s eighth at Martinsville, and perhaps a fitting bounce back after a year ago in the spring race, when contact with Clint Bowyer sent those two and Jeff Gordon spinning from win contention.
Bowyer, ever the colorful character, offered his “congratulations” in a snark-laden tweet of his own late Sunday night after finishing second.
“And……………congrats to @JimmieJohnson on yet another damn clock. #shithead” he wrote.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1