Apr 8, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
You know the Internet saying, “Don’t feed the trolls?” Martinsville Speedway NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winner Jimmie Johnson took time to offer a humorous tweet to dismiss any critics on Twitter.
“You haters have it right. I’m a bad teammate, I have a cheated up car, I’m lucky and the race was fixed. Gotta love twitter & #NascarFans,” Johnson tweeted Monday.
Johnson followed-up with a serious moment of reflection shortly thereafter.
“On a serious note, thanks for all of the tweets. I really appreciate the support from all my fans. #Team48 #6pack.”
The win was Johnson’s eighth at Martinsville, and perhaps a fitting bounce back after a year ago in the spring race, when contact with Clint Bowyer sent those two and Jeff Gordon spinning from win contention.
Bowyer, ever the colorful character, offered his “congratulations” in a snark-laden tweet of his own late Sunday night after finishing second.
“And……………congrats to @JimmieJohnson on yet another damn clock. #shithead” he wrote.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3