Apr 8, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
It sounds like the start of a joke: two French IndyCar drivers walk into a Bass Pro Shops in Birmingham, Ala.
With the obvious cultural differences, Piranha Productions and the PR team for Sam Schmidt’s IndyCar team, that features Schmidt Hamilton’s Simon Pagenaud and rookie teammate Tristan Vautier of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, decided to embrace the clash this weekend outside Barber Motorsports Park.
The results – including some of the captions – are rather humorous.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0