Apr 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The revolving door at James Finch’s Phoenix Racing sees Austin Dillon back in the No. 51 Chevrolet this weekend at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series NRA 500 race at Texas Motor Speedway.
It’s Dillon’s second start in the No. 51, third overall, this season. The team dropped to 11th place in the owner’s standings after Martinsville last week. Dillon’s car will feature Bruce Lowry Chevy and Realtree sponsorship.
AJ Allmendinger and Regan Smith have also shared the seat. Allmendinger’s focus is primarily on his IndyCar commitments with Team Penske and his next race in the No. 51 will be at Richmond on April 27.
“Richmond is kind of the only thing (for me),” said Allmendinger. “Obviously I was going to try to run Texas this weekend, and then Phoenix Racing, they’re doing everything they can to find sponsorships, so Austin Dillon brought sponsorship to them, and I understand kind of the position, and I’m okay with that. Richmond will probably be it.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0