Apr 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
The revolving door at James Finch’s Phoenix Racing sees Austin Dillon back in the No. 51 Chevrolet this weekend at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series NRA 500 race at Texas Motor Speedway.
It’s Dillon’s second start in the No. 51, third overall, this season. The team dropped to 11th place in the owner’s standings after Martinsville last week. Dillon’s car will feature Bruce Lowry Chevy and Realtree sponsorship.
AJ Allmendinger and Regan Smith have also shared the seat. Allmendinger’s focus is primarily on his IndyCar commitments with Team Penske and his next race in the No. 51 will be at Richmond on April 27.
“Richmond is kind of the only thing (for me),” said Allmendinger. “Obviously I was going to try to run Texas this weekend, and then Phoenix Racing, they’re doing everything they can to find sponsorships, so Austin Dillon brought sponsorship to them, and I understand kind of the position, and I’m okay with that. Richmond will probably be it.”
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0
- Manor targets Melbourne appearance; announces Will Stevens as first driver 2
- Iconic F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge dies at 73 1
- F1: Barcelona 2015 first test cumulative times, lap counts, analysis 0