Apr 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
The revolving door at James Finch’s Phoenix Racing sees Austin Dillon back in the No. 51 Chevrolet this weekend at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series NRA 500 race at Texas Motor Speedway.
It’s Dillon’s second start in the No. 51, third overall, this season. The team dropped to 11th place in the owner’s standings after Martinsville last week. Dillon’s car will feature Bruce Lowry Chevy and Realtree sponsorship.
AJ Allmendinger and Regan Smith have also shared the seat. Allmendinger’s focus is primarily on his IndyCar commitments with Team Penske and his next race in the No. 51 will be at Richmond on April 27.
“Richmond is kind of the only thing (for me),” said Allmendinger. “Obviously I was going to try to run Texas this weekend, and then Phoenix Racing, they’re doing everything they can to find sponsorships, so Austin Dillon brought sponsorship to them, and I understand kind of the position, and I’m okay with that. Richmond will probably be it.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 6
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2