Apr 11, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
Keselowski and his team will be heralded for their accomplishments and work in the community. He’ll also visit wounded troops.
The Michigander celebrated his first title guzzling a huge glass of beer at Homestead, Fla. on live TV, and has been heralded as a throwback type of driver compared to those considered more “corporate,” such as Jimmie Johnson.
Keselowski made headlines for other reasons Thursday, suggesting the fact this week’s race at Texas Motor Speedway is sponsored by the National Rifle Association isn’t really news.
A series of tweets exchanged between he and USA Today NASCAR reporter Nate Ryan included Keselowski saying, “I have the perspective of a driver, participant and fan of the sport, along with proprietor of rifles and a US citizenship. With those credentials, I still respectfully disagree with this being as serious of a story as its been made out.”
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2