Apr 12, 2013, 11:41 PM EDT
Kyle Busch continued his domination in the NASCAR Nationwide Series by winning the O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 at Texas Motor Speedway — his third NNS win in a row, fourth in his last five NNS starts, and his sixth career NNS win in Fort Worth.
“Yee-haw, boys — gimme that cowboy hat,” Busch exclaimed over his team radio after beating Brad Keselowski to the stripe by 2.3 seconds. Busch also led the most laps of any driver in the race, pacing 91 of 200 laps.
“[The track] just fits right into my style,” Busch said to ESPN in Victory Lane. “I love running Texas, and most importantly, I love winning here.”
Austin Dillon came home third, followed by Dale Earnhardt Jr. in fourth and Kevin Harvick in fifth. Sam Hornish Jr. was able to keep hold of his NNS points lead despite finishing 34th after sustaining considerable damage to his machine in a run-in with Jeremy Clements. However, Hornish’s 28-point edge going into tonight is now down to a mere two markers.
- IndyCar: Graham Rahal is halfway leader at Barber 0
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 3
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0