Second “Rush” trailer, Ron Howard Twitter Q&A premiere Thursday

Apr 12, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT

Thursday was a busy day for Rush director Ron Howard, as a second trailer of his film chronicling the 1976 Formula One World Championship bout was released, and Howard did a live Q&A on Twitter, later posted on the official Rush website.

The variance in the two trailers – the first was revealed earlier this week – is slight, but there are differences and the drama is portrayed brilliantly thanks to Hans Zimmer’s soundtrack.

Howard, who’s integrated himself into the F1 paddock at a handful of races, described the preparation lead actors Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl, who play the protagonists, James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

“Tons (of preparation),” Howard replied to a fan’s question. “Accents, reading, viewing interviews and races and learning to drive F1s. Guys worked their asses off.”

The film premieres Sept. 20 in the U.S.

1. dkb1968 - Apr 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I cant wait!!

2. bennoj - Apr 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM

No matter what kind of dental appliance they’ve got Daniel Bruhl wearing, he’s still much too good looking to be The Rat…

3. chaparral2f - Apr 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I don’t know why, but why do I have this sinking feeling that the movie will be a big letdown? I attended races during the battles between Hunt and Lauda and closely followed F1 racing. Seeing the trailer, it looks more like Hollywood hype than what I saw or read about. I am still waiting for someone to better “Grand Prix”. To date, it is still the best racing movie ever produced.

4. purplesectornet - Apr 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Yes but not for the story line, what makes Grand Prix a classic is the era it is made in – that kind of cheezy story line would never work today – I’m looking at Rush for what it is – a Hollywood movie. I trust Ron Howard as a director I’m expecting it to be good.

• chaparral2f - Apr 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

You mean like that Hollywood special done by Sylvester Stallone? Sorry, but I will take a cheesy story line for superb on track action rather than a great story line with cheesy racing.

• purplesectornet - Apr 14, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Oh so you are an idiot? That explains a lot.

• purplesectornet - Apr 14, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Cause if you would assume that Ron Howard is going to make a Driven movie frankly you are basically a mouth breathing moron…

Video from NASCAR America