Apr 13, 2013, 12:41 PM EST
The Force India duo of Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil will go off from mid-pack for the Chinese Grand Prix, with di Resta narrowly missing Q3 for 11th on the grid and Sutil coming away with a 13th place start.
Di Resta was off the pace in FP3 at 16th position, but battled back when he needed to. Although he said a better FP3 would’ve allowed him to advance into the final round, he also reckons that his grid spot won’t matter much in a race that is shaping up to be about tire strategy.
“I don’t think that will make much difference tomorrow, because it’s going to be a race all about making the tires last,” he said on Saturday. “The good news is that we’ve got a free choice on tires for the start and our car has proved to be competitive over race distances, which means we can be optimistic of scoring points.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As for his teammate Sutil, he was hoping for better during qualifying but is also happy to have his pick of tires for the start on Sunday.
“There was no major problem with the car and I felt happy with the balance, but I lost some performance during qualifying and didn’t have the grip to go any faster,” he said. “The positive is that I’m able to choose my starting tires tomorrow and I have all new sets available for the race, which should allow us to target some points in the race.”
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 1
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 2
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 18
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 3
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 4