Apr 13, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
Busch took the lead for good with 20 laps to go, when he managed to beat Truex out of the pits under caution. From there, he held on to the point the rest of the way for his second sweep of the year; he also won both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races at Auto Club Speedway last month.
Truex led 142 laps but was forced to settle for runner-up after threatening to win his first Cup race since June of 2007 (Dover International Speedway). Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle finished third and fourth respectively for Roush Fenway Racing.
Rounding out the top five was Joey Logano, who was late to the grid after having his rear-end housing confiscated in pre-race inspection and had to start from the rear. His Penske Racing teammate, Brad Keselowski, also had to deal with the same inspection problems but overcame that to finish ninth behind Jimmie Johnson in sixth, Aric Almirola in seventh and Brian Vickers in eighth. Ryan Newman completed the top ten at the finish.
Johnson is still your Cup championship leader, ahead of Keselowski by nine markers going to Kansas Speedway next weekend.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 14
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2