Apr 13, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
Marussia have confirmed that the team member involved in an accident in the pits during free practice 3 has only sustained minor injuries.
After completing his installation lap, Max Chilton returned to the pits to be wheeled back into the garage by the pit crew. However, his car hit one of the mechanics who then required medical treatment.
An ambulance was sent down the pit lane to the scene of the incident, and the mechanic was attended to by the on-site doctors. He was spotted with his leg up sitting up on the stretcher in the back of the ambulance by the BBC, but thankfully it appears he has only suffered minor injuries.
The team ran strongly in the final practice session ahead of the Chinese Grand Prix, with Jules Bianchi finishing ahead of both Caterham drivers, and within seven-tenths of Romain Grosjean in the Lotus. Chilton also managed to put his FP2 woe behind him to finish ahead of Giedo van der Garde.
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 0
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 0
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 6
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 4
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 11