Apr 13, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
Marussia have confirmed that the team member involved in an accident in the pits during free practice 3 has only sustained minor injuries.
After completing his installation lap, Max Chilton returned to the pits to be wheeled back into the garage by the pit crew. However, his car hit one of the mechanics who then required medical treatment.
An ambulance was sent down the pit lane to the scene of the incident, and the mechanic was attended to by the on-site doctors. He was spotted with his leg up sitting up on the stretcher in the back of the ambulance by the BBC, but thankfully it appears he has only suffered minor injuries.
The team ran strongly in the final practice session ahead of the Chinese Grand Prix, with Jules Bianchi finishing ahead of both Caterham drivers, and within seven-tenths of Romain Grosjean in the Lotus. Chilton also managed to put his FP2 woe behind him to finish ahead of Giedo van der Garde.
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 0
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 9
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 5
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2