Apr 13, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
Marussia have confirmed that the team member involved in an accident in the pits during free practice 3 has only sustained minor injuries.
After completing his installation lap, Max Chilton returned to the pits to be wheeled back into the garage by the pit crew. However, his car hit one of the mechanics who then required medical treatment.
An ambulance was sent down the pit lane to the scene of the incident, and the mechanic was attended to by the on-site doctors. He was spotted with his leg up sitting up on the stretcher in the back of the ambulance by the BBC, but thankfully it appears he has only suffered minor injuries.
The team ran strongly in the final practice session ahead of the Chinese Grand Prix, with Jules Bianchi finishing ahead of both Caterham drivers, and within seven-tenths of Romain Grosjean in the Lotus. Chilton also managed to put his FP2 woe behind him to finish ahead of Giedo van der Garde.
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1