Apr 13, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
Marussia have confirmed that the team member involved in an accident in the pits during free practice 3 has only sustained minor injuries.
After completing his installation lap, Max Chilton returned to the pits to be wheeled back into the garage by the pit crew. However, his car hit one of the mechanics who then required medical treatment.
An ambulance was sent down the pit lane to the scene of the incident, and the mechanic was attended to by the on-site doctors. He was spotted with his leg up sitting up on the stretcher in the back of the ambulance by the BBC, but thankfully it appears he has only suffered minor injuries.
The team ran strongly in the final practice session ahead of the Chinese Grand Prix, with Jules Bianchi finishing ahead of both Caterham drivers, and within seven-tenths of Romain Grosjean in the Lotus. Chilton also managed to put his FP2 woe behind him to finish ahead of Giedo van der Garde.
- Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken 0
- Hamilton keeps his cool to claim pole for Chinese GP 0
- Ricciardo fastest in rain-affected final practice in China 0
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 4
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 5
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)