Apr 13, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Fresh off a victory last night in the Nationwide Series, pole sitter Kyle Busch is trying to run away with the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. He has paced 129 of 167 laps so far, and is one of just two drivers tonight to lead a double-digit number of laps (Martin Truex Jr. is the other with 33 laps led so far).
Busch had a 2.8-second lead over Jeff Gordon before a caution flag for debris on Lap 149 erased it. However, he was able to hold onto the lead over Gordon on subsequent stops with help from having the first stall on pit road.
After having the rear-end housing of his car confiscated in pre-race inspection by NASCAR, Brad Keselowski‘s night has gotten worse. He has gained one of two laps back that he lost in the race’s first half, but is mired toward the rear of the field. His Penske Racing teammate Joey Logano also had the rear-end housing taken from his car, but has had slightly better luck and is currently in the Top 20.
Kevin Harvick may be having the drive of the night outside of Kyle Busch at the front. Harvick is on his third engine of the weekend and had to start at the rear of the field, but has charged his way up to tenth at halfway.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series — NRA 500 at Texas
Top 10 at Halfway
1. Kyle Busch
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
4. Martin Truex Jr.
5. Kurt Busch
6. Matt Kenseth
10. Kevin Harvick
Video from NASCAR America
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1
- Jeff Gordon announces 2015 as final full-time season 43
- NASCAR: Trackside shopping set to change as part of new Fanatics deal (UPDATED) 10
- Brian Vickers to return to racing at Las Vegas after health scare 9