Apr 13, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Fresh off a victory last night in the Nationwide Series, pole sitter Kyle Busch is trying to run away with the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. He has paced 129 of 167 laps so far, and is one of just two drivers tonight to lead a double-digit number of laps (Martin Truex Jr. is the other with 33 laps led so far).
Busch had a 2.8-second lead over Jeff Gordon before a caution flag for debris on Lap 149 erased it. However, he was able to hold onto the lead over Gordon on subsequent stops with help from having the first stall on pit road.
After having the rear-end housing of his car confiscated in pre-race inspection by NASCAR, Brad Keselowski‘s night has gotten worse. He has gained one of two laps back that he lost in the race’s first half, but is mired toward the rear of the field. His Penske Racing teammate Joey Logano also had the rear-end housing taken from his car, but has had slightly better luck and is currently in the Top 20.
Kevin Harvick may be having the drive of the night outside of Kyle Busch at the front. Harvick is on his third engine of the weekend and had to start at the rear of the field, but has charged his way up to tenth at halfway.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series — NRA 500 at Texas
Top 10 at Halfway
1. Kyle Busch
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
4. Martin Truex Jr.
5. Kurt Busch
6. Matt Kenseth
10. Kevin Harvick
Video from NASCAR America
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 22
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6