Apr 13, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Fresh off a victory last night in the Nationwide Series, pole sitter Kyle Busch is trying to run away with the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. He has paced 129 of 167 laps so far, and is one of just two drivers tonight to lead a double-digit number of laps (Martin Truex Jr. is the other with 33 laps led so far).
Busch had a 2.8-second lead over Jeff Gordon before a caution flag for debris on Lap 149 erased it. However, he was able to hold onto the lead over Gordon on subsequent stops with help from having the first stall on pit road.
After having the rear-end housing of his car confiscated in pre-race inspection by NASCAR, Brad Keselowski‘s night has gotten worse. He has gained one of two laps back that he lost in the race’s first half, but is mired toward the rear of the field. His Penske Racing teammate Joey Logano also had the rear-end housing taken from his car, but has had slightly better luck and is currently in the Top 20.
Kevin Harvick may be having the drive of the night outside of Kyle Busch at the front. Harvick is on his third engine of the weekend and had to start at the rear of the field, but has charged his way up to tenth at halfway.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series — NRA 500 at Texas
Top 10 at Halfway
1. Kyle Busch
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
4. Martin Truex Jr.
5. Kurt Busch
6. Matt Kenseth
10. Kevin Harvick
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0