Apr 14, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
Like any good team principal would be in a victorious situation, Ferrari’s Stefano Domenicali was happy with Fernando Alonso’s triumph at the Chinese Grand Prix. But with just seven days until the next race in Bahrain, he’s also keen to get started on preparations.
“We need to be very proud of today,” Domenicali told NBC Sports Network’s Will Buxton after the race in Shanghai. “Winning in China is very important. But we need to be focused already, after tonight, on the next week’s race in Bahrain.”
Post-race comments from Alonso, fresh off a sterling performance that saw him take the checkered flag by a whopping 10 seconds over Kimi Raikkonen, seemed to indicate that he felt the same way as his boss.
“I expect a tough race again,” the Spaniard said of the challenge ahead in the desert. “In Bahrain, I think we will see different conditions and who knows how competitive anyone can be. But definitely…From the races that we finished this year, the car seems to be able to be on the podium, so we hope to be on the podium again in Bahrain.”
But surely Alonso would make some time to party a little after such a resounding statement following his disaster ending in Malaysia last time out, right? Well…Not really.
“The celebration tonight? Nothing special,” he admitted. “I have a flight very early for Bahrain, so tonight, I think some dinner. I think the guys will celebrate more than me.”
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2