Apr 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski angrily attacked NASCAR following last night’s NRA 500, accusing the sanctioning body of unfairly targeting his Penske Racing team.
The Penske cars of Keselowski and Joey Logano flunked pre-race inspection before the race at Texas Motor Speedway and had their rear-end housings confiscated. Keselowski (ninth) and Logano (fifth) still battled to earn top-10 finishes, but that didn’t stop the former from unleashing a tirade against NASCAR afterwards.
“I have one good thing to thing to say [about the race], and that was my team and the effort they put in today in fighting back with the absolute [expletive] that’s been the last seven days in this garage area,” Keselowski said according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
“The things I’ve seen over the last seven days have me questioning everything I believe in. I’m not happy about it. I don’t have anything positive to say, and I probably should just leave it at that.”
In addition to his rules troubles at Texas, Keselowski was also slowed up in inspection prior to last week’s race at Martinsville — which saw him penalized on pit road at Lap 451 because his right front tire was outside of his pit stall. He still managed to finish sixth in that event.
To top it all off, Keselowski’s No. 2 Ford was chosen after the race as the “random” car to be taken back to NASCAR’s research and development center in North Carolina along with the winning car of Kyle Busch.
Keselowski’s engineer, Brian Wilson, seemed to encapsulate his team’s trying night on Twitter: “Well that was a fun day.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 4
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0