Apr 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Brian Vickers’ debut race with Joe Gibbs Racing ended in the top 10, an eighth place finish in the No. 11 FedEx/March of Dimes Toyota in Saturday’s NRA 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Texas Motor Speedway.
In his first start substituting for the injured Denny Hamlin, Vickers started 15th and made it to seventh just 40 laps into the 334-lap race. A consistent run from there saw him briefly in the top five and sixth after the last round of pit stops before falling back to eighth.
Vickers, who along with Elliott Sadler races with JGR in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will both be in JGR Cup cars next weekend at Kansas. Sadler makes his first Cup start of the year in a fourth JGR Toyota, the No. 81 Alert Energy Camry.
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 0
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 5
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 16
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 6
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3