Apr 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Brian Vickers’ debut race with Joe Gibbs Racing ended in the top 10, an eighth place finish in the No. 11 FedEx/March of Dimes Toyota in Saturday’s NRA 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Texas Motor Speedway.
In his first start substituting for the injured Denny Hamlin, Vickers started 15th and made it to seventh just 40 laps into the 334-lap race. A consistent run from there saw him briefly in the top five and sixth after the last round of pit stops before falling back to eighth.
Vickers, who along with Elliott Sadler races with JGR in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will both be in JGR Cup cars next weekend at Kansas. Sadler makes his first Cup start of the year in a fourth JGR Toyota, the No. 81 Alert Energy Camry.
Video from NASCAR America
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 2
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 10
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0