Apr 16, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s a different kind of double duty for three different individuals in the IndyCar paddock this weekend in Long Beach.
As was the case last year, Bobby Rahal, Derrick Walker and Townsend Bell will spent their weekends bouncing between IndyCar duties and commitments in the supporting American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón.
With a combined five cars, Rahal will be busiest. The Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing IndyCar team expands to three cars with Mike Conway joining Graham Rahal (right, with Ed Carpenter at St. Petersburg) and James Jakes. Meanwhile Rahal’s BMW ALMS team has its two new BMW Z4s in action in the GT class.
Walker is team manager at both Ed Carpenter Racing (IndyCar) and Team Falken Tire (ALMS). The Falken Porsche 911 GT3 RSR finished third in GT in the season-opening Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring fueled by “Fresh from Florida” with drivers Wolf Henzler, Bryan Sellers and Nick Tandy.
Bell is the only one of the three racing this weekend, as he’ll be in action in a West/Alex Job Racing/Boardwalk Ferrari F458 Italia in GT co-driving with Bill Sweedler, and providing his insights and analysis from the booth for NBC Sports Network’s IndyCar coverage.
If you see either of these three in a free moment this weekend, you’ll have caught them at a rare time.
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3