Apr 17, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali says the team are “not going to get carried away” following their victory in the Chinese Grand Prix.
“It’s just one race, one win in a season that’s got a very long way to go yet,” he said after Fernando Alonso’s win in Shanghai.
“If we want to achieve our ambitious targets over the course of the year, we need our drivers to perform well,” said Domenicali. “The fact that both of them are in the top five of the classification after three races is important, but it is down to us to give them a good car.”
“So we need to knuckle down to work to ensure we are well prepared and keep the momentum we found in Shanghai running all the way through this Bahrain weekend.”
Ferrari remain concerned about their car’s performance in qualifying compared to their rivals.
“We are not yet at the level we need to be at in qualifying, but it’s hard to judge the level of our competitors because we have seen no one team dominate in the three races so far.
“Clearly some of our rivals are very strong and matching them is a target we need to achieve very soon. Because it’s only by securing the best possible grid positions that we can use the full extent of the potential offered by our race pace.
“If you start from the front, you can manage the tires in a better way too.”
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 2
- NHRA king John Force charging as hard in boardroom for new sponsors as on the dragstrip 0
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)