Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The Indianapolis 500 Rookie Orientation Program has been rescheduled to May 11 and 12, each at 2 to 4 p.m. EST at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It was postponed from last Thursday, April 11, due to poor weather.
Four rookies, AJ Allmendinger (Team Penske), Conor Daly (A.J. Foyt Racing), Carlos Munoz (Andretti Autosport) and Tristan Vautier (Schmidt Peterson Motorsports), will have the pair of two-hour sessions to go through the necessary speed phases to complete ROP.
This was the only available time for rescheduling with the series racing in Brazil the previous weekend, said IndyCar president of operations and strategy, Brian Barnhart.
“With some teams having to load equipment for Brazil following the Long Beach event next week, and long-standing community activities scheduled at Indianapolis Motor Speedway prior to Opening Day, moving ROP to Opening Weekend was the only option we had to give the ROP participants adequate track time and a chance to complete the program,” he said.
The track is open to all cars from noon until 2 and 4 until 6 p.m. both days.
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 0
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 0
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2
- Justin Wilson dies at age 37 28