Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The Indianapolis 500 Rookie Orientation Program has been rescheduled to May 11 and 12, each at 2 to 4 p.m. EST at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It was postponed from last Thursday, April 11, due to poor weather.
Four rookies, AJ Allmendinger (Team Penske), Conor Daly (A.J. Foyt Racing), Carlos Munoz (Andretti Autosport) and Tristan Vautier (Schmidt Peterson Motorsports), will have the pair of two-hour sessions to go through the necessary speed phases to complete ROP.
This was the only available time for rescheduling with the series racing in Brazil the previous weekend, said IndyCar president of operations and strategy, Brian Barnhart.
“With some teams having to load equipment for Brazil following the Long Beach event next week, and long-standing community activities scheduled at Indianapolis Motor Speedway prior to Opening Day, moving ROP to Opening Weekend was the only option we had to give the ROP participants adequate track time and a chance to complete the program,” he said.
The track is open to all cars from noon until 2 and 4 until 6 p.m. both days.
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4
- Tony Kanaan says older part, reinforced suspension contributed to Hinchcliffe’s crash and injury 7