Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The Indianapolis 500 Rookie Orientation Program has been rescheduled to May 11 and 12, each at 2 to 4 p.m. EST at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It was postponed from last Thursday, April 11, due to poor weather.
Four rookies, AJ Allmendinger (Team Penske), Conor Daly (A.J. Foyt Racing), Carlos Munoz (Andretti Autosport) and Tristan Vautier (Schmidt Peterson Motorsports), will have the pair of two-hour sessions to go through the necessary speed phases to complete ROP.
This was the only available time for rescheduling with the series racing in Brazil the previous weekend, said IndyCar president of operations and strategy, Brian Barnhart.
“With some teams having to load equipment for Brazil following the Long Beach event next week, and long-standing community activities scheduled at Indianapolis Motor Speedway prior to Opening Day, moving ROP to Opening Weekend was the only option we had to give the ROP participants adequate track time and a chance to complete the program,” he said.
The track is open to all cars from noon until 2 and 4 until 6 p.m. both days.
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)