Apr 18, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Heikki Kovalainen won’t be the only new driver in Friday free practice one for the Bahrain Grand Prix. Marussia reserve driver Rodolfo Gonzalez will also make his first appearance for the team, replacing Jules Bianchi.
It’s the 26-year-old Venezuelan’s first drive on a Grand Prix weekend.
“I love this circuit; it will be quite dusty in FP1 but it’s also good fun and I’m looking forward to seeing what I can achieve,” he said. “I would like to thank the team for their faith in me. They have made me feel so welcome and have bent over backwards to involve me in every aspect of the racing.”
In addition to watching on NBC Sports Network, you can also view F1 on NBC Sports via live streaming online at http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/ or on their phone or tablet by downloading the app http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25481063/.
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0