Apr 18, 2013, 1:45 PM EST
Heikki Kovalainen won’t be the only new driver in Friday free practice one for the Bahrain Grand Prix. Marussia reserve driver Rodolfo Gonzalez will also make his first appearance for the team, replacing Jules Bianchi.
It’s the 26-year-old Venezuelan’s first drive on a Grand Prix weekend.
“I love this circuit; it will be quite dusty in FP1 but it’s also good fun and I’m looking forward to seeing what I can achieve,” he said. “I would like to thank the team for their faith in me. They have made me feel so welcome and have bent over backwards to involve me in every aspect of the racing.”
In addition to watching on NBC Sports Network, you can also view F1 on NBC Sports via live streaming online at http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/ or on their phone or tablet by downloading the app http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25481063/.
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2