Apr 19, 2013, 9:28 AM EST
Williams’ Pastor Maldonado has struggled with his car through the first three races this season, and his Bahrain Grand Prix weekend didn’t get off to a great start, either.
Maldonado was one of several drivers to go off during the 90-minute second free practice session on Friday. He and Valtteri Bottas clocked in only 16th and 17th, each more than two seconds off Kimi Raikkonen‘s session leading time of 1:34.154.
- What we’re thankful in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 1
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3