Apr 19, 2013, 9:28 AM EDT
Williams’ Pastor Maldonado has struggled with his car through the first three races this season, and his Bahrain Grand Prix weekend didn’t get off to a great start, either.
Maldonado was one of several drivers to go off during the 90-minute second free practice session on Friday. He and Valtteri Bottas clocked in only 16th and 17th, each more than two seconds off Kimi Raikkonen‘s session leading time of 1:34.154.
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7