Apr 19, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Paul di Resta has every reason to feel quietly confident for this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix after finishing 5th in both free practice sessions today.
The Force India driver has made a good start to the season, and he recovered from an early run-in with teammate Adrian Sutil in China to finish 8th. di Resta believes that a repeat performance in Bahrain is not out of the question.
“We’ve had a constructive day,” he told Sky Sports. “I think from lap one the car has worked well. We’ve had issues we’ve had to address and there were points where it was more difficult in FP2, but eventually we worked back to the level we were at in FP1.
“We’re fairly content that we could repeat what we did in Malaysia with the heat, and it’s naturally proving the car works much better in these conditions.”
Force India has made a good start to the 2013 season, with Adrian Sutil leading at the Australian Grand Prix after perfecting his strategy. The car certainly appears to be kind on its tires, and di Resta is also happy with his long run pace.
“I can say that, even on long runs, if we qualified anywhere in the top ten then I’m fairly happy of a repeat of a decent race.
“I would certainly like to think that Q3 is well on our list, where we are at the moment.”
di Resta finished last year’s race in P6, fending off Fernando Alonso towards the end, and he will be keen on repeating this performance as he looks to impress some of the more established teams during his third season in Formula One. The team certainly appears to be in a position to battle for points, and underperforming McLaren will undoubtedly act as a yard stick for Force India this weekend.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 1
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 0
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 2
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0