Apr 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
While Mark Webber edged Sebastian Vettel in the inter-team Red Bull battle through Friday first practice (see above), Vettel seemed unhappy with the car’s balance on short runs.
“I wasn’t really happy with the short runs I had today,” he told Autosport. “I seemed to struggle to put the lap together, I didn’t make as much of the new tire as I should have probably. In terms of long runs, I think I was happier.”
Vettel took the win at last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix ahead of the Lotus teammates, Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0