Apr 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
While Mark Webber edged Sebastian Vettel in the inter-team Red Bull battle through Friday first practice (see above), Vettel seemed unhappy with the car’s balance on short runs.
“I wasn’t really happy with the short runs I had today,” he told Autosport. “I seemed to struggle to put the lap together, I didn’t make as much of the new tire as I should have probably. In terms of long runs, I think I was happier.”
Vettel took the win at last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix ahead of the Lotus teammates, Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)