Apr 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
While Mark Webber edged Sebastian Vettel in the inter-team Red Bull battle through Friday first practice (see above), Vettel seemed unhappy with the car’s balance on short runs.
“I wasn’t really happy with the short runs I had today,” he told Autosport. “I seemed to struggle to put the lap together, I didn’t make as much of the new tire as I should have probably. In terms of long runs, I think I was happier.”
Vettel took the win at last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix ahead of the Lotus teammates, Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1