Apr 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
While Mark Webber edged Sebastian Vettel in the inter-team Red Bull battle through Friday first practice (see above), Vettel seemed unhappy with the car’s balance on short runs.
“I wasn’t really happy with the short runs I had today,” he told Autosport. “I seemed to struggle to put the lap together, I didn’t make as much of the new tire as I should have probably. In terms of long runs, I think I was happier.”
Vettel took the win at last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix ahead of the Lotus teammates, Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0