Apr 19, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
While Mark Webber edged Sebastian Vettel in the inter-team Red Bull battle through Friday first practice (see above), Vettel seemed unhappy with the car’s balance on short runs.
“I wasn’t really happy with the short runs I had today,” he told Autosport. ”I seemed to struggle to put the lap together, I didn’t make as much of the new tire as I should have probably. In terms of long runs, I think I was happier.”
Vettel took the win at last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix ahead of the Lotus teammates, Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
- Vettel calls double points idea “absurd” 0
- New F1 rules announced Monday create more questions than answers 2
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes 9
- Team co-owned by Leonardo DiCaprio is 10th and last for FE 1
- Franchitti’s ride appears down to Briscoe or Tagliani vs. the field 2
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)