Apr 21, 2013, 6:35 AM EST
The sandy desert of Bahrain welcomes the Formula One circus for round four of the 2013 world championship, and following a tight qualifying yesterday, we are set for a thrilling grand prix today.
Nico Rosberg snatched a surprise pole position for Mercedes, finishing ahead of Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso. However, with the German team struggling with its rear tire wear so far this season, Rosberg could face a stiff challenge if he is to hold on to first place during the race. An extra dynamic is the alternative strategy of Felipe Massa, who will start 4th on the harder compound, whilst Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber will be desperate to put their penalties behind them to charge through the field.
As well as watching the race on NBCSN, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
You can also follow the Bahrain Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing live commentary throughout the race.
Also, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Malaysian Grand Prix.
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4