Apr 21, 2013, 6:35 AM EST
The sandy desert of Bahrain welcomes the Formula One circus for round four of the 2013 world championship, and following a tight qualifying yesterday, we are set for a thrilling grand prix today.
Nico Rosberg snatched a surprise pole position for Mercedes, finishing ahead of Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso. However, with the German team struggling with its rear tire wear so far this season, Rosberg could face a stiff challenge if he is to hold on to first place during the race. An extra dynamic is the alternative strategy of Felipe Massa, who will start 4th on the harder compound, whilst Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber will be desperate to put their penalties behind them to charge through the field.
As well as watching the race on NBCSN, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
You can also follow the Bahrain Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing live commentary throughout the race.
Also, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Malaysian Grand Prix.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 4
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0
- Manor targets Melbourne appearance; announces Will Stevens as first driver 2
- Iconic F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge dies at 73 1
- F1: Barcelona 2015 first test cumulative times, lap counts, analysis 0