Apr 21, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Pastor Maldonado is pleased with his performance at today’s Bahrain Grand Prix, but he is relishing the return to Europe in three weeks’ time when Williams is expected to bring upgrades for the FW35 car.
Maldonado finished in a season-best of 11th, and he believes that it was the most he could have achieved this weekend.
“Considering the problems we have been having, I think we got 100% out of the car today,” Maldonado said in a team statement. “We put everything together today, working well as a team and managing the tires, and 11th was the maximum we could have achieved.”
The upgrades are likely to see an improvement in performance for Williams, and Maldonado will be keen on scoring their first points of the season at the Spanish Grand Prix.
“We are really looking forward to the next race where we should see a step forward. We must stay together and positive. It’s a difficult time, but we still have many races to go.”
Last season saw Maldonado win the Spanish Grand Prix for Williams, but with the car blighting his form and that of teammate Valtteri Bottas, they will struggle to repeat this result in 2013. To make matters worse, Force India has made a strong start to the season, and look to be leading the battle for 6th in this year’s constructors’ championship.
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1