Apr 23, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Roughly one month after he faces the Indianapolis 500, IZOD IndyCar Series rookie of the year Simon Pagenaud will take on another historic racing event: The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
Pagenaud, who drives the No. 77 Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports Honda in IndyCar, will be one of the manufacturer’s drivers at the June 30th climb in Colorado Springs, Colorado. His vehicle entry and racing class will be revealed at a later date, but the Frenchman will be part of a major effort for Honda that will see them run 10 products in nine different classes — products that range from Honda and Acura vehicles to Honda motorcycles and ATVs. It’s the most ever run by a single participant in the climb.
“Pikes Peak presents us with a unique opportunity to showcase Honda’s diverse product lineup and to energize Honda fans around world, as we work to further strengthen Honda’s presence in racing at all levels,” American Honda senior VP of automotive operations Mike Accavitti said in a statement.
“Our associates will be working hard between now and Race Day to prepare this diverse field of race vehicles and showcase the Honda racing spirit.”
Honda’s entries will run under two banners at Pikes Peak: Honda Performance Development and Team-Honda Research.
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 0
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 2
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)