Apr 23, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
We mentioned earlier today that top 10s in either qualifying or the race in the IZOD IndyCar Series have been spread around the grid fairly evenly. Here are some other stats of note beyond the top 10 disparity numbers:
- Entrants from Team Penske and Chip Ganassi Racing (right) have been shut out of victory lane since Sonoma last year, when Ryan Briscoe won. That’s only a stretch of five races in between, but is the longest such streak since open wheel unification in 2008 (four in a row last year from Texas through Toronto was the longest).
- Tristan Vautier took the first 10-spot grid penalty of the year. Coincidentally, his teammate Simon Pagenaud was the first victim of it last year at St. Petersburg. Long Beach last year had 12 grid penalty victims as all Chevrolet teams and a handful of Lotus runners performed unapproved engine changes.
- Long Beach’s podium finishers from A.J. Foyt Racing, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing and Dale Coyne Racing represented the first race under IndyCar sanction to not have a driver from Penske, Ganassi or Andretti since Motegi 2003. The last Champ Car race, Will Power’s Long Beach win in 2008, featured a podium made up of entrants from KV Racing Technology and the now-defunct Forsythe Pettit and Pacific Coast Motorsports teams (Franck Montagny and Mario Dominguez).
- And, lastly, Brazil will mark the one-year anniversary of Power’s last win. Who would have thought that was possible last April?
Nov 26, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Simon Pagenaud’s Indy 500 Senna tribute helmet to be auctioned for Ayrton Senna Foundation.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
Front Row Racing officials on Wednesday denied rumors of Cole Whitt replacing David Ragan in the No. 34 Ford for 2015.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Record cable numbers for F1 on NBCSN this season.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
A rundown through the field after the final day of on-track running for F1 2014.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Some NASCAR AMERICA specials are on tap before the end of the year.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Marciello gracious for opportunity, and was thinking of Jules Bianchi throughout the day.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
A.J. Foyt with post-operative complication, but resolved.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:13 AM EST
New Mercedes driver, same place on the charts to close out 2014 F1 season.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
What’s next for Jean-Eric Vergne? An analysis of his time in F1, and where to from here.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
JEV out, and likely another rookie in at Toro Rosso for 2015.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
A post-season exit survey provides some very interesting fan data on NASCAR’s latest version of its post-season format.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
The outgoing crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. also talks about his successor needing to make his own mark.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
The Delaware family court hearing is a separate matter from the ongoing police investigation into allegations of assault against Busch by his ex-girlfriend.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Brian Scott gets a new crew chief for 2015’s XFINITY campaign.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
It may be Thanksgiving week but NASCAR AMERICA is still on tonight at 5 p.m. ET.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The ex-Caterham pilot runs 95 laps in the Sauber C33 at Yas Marina Circuit.
Jay Mohr back to host this year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Awards; Aloe Blacc, Lady Antebellum among performers
Nov 25, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
A star-studded affair to come for NASCAR in Las Vegas.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Palmer logs only 37 laps for Force India in Abu Dhabi, but places fourth on the time sheets.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Caterham not only stays for test, but banks 100-plus laps on Tuesday in Abu Dhabi.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Carlos Sainz Jr. has a good day with Red Bull, as he stakes claim for Toro Rosso seat in 2015.
Video from NASCAR America
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 0
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 2
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 5
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4