Apr 24, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Penalties haven’t been enforced just to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series side of the garage. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series drivers and teams are not immune, either.
Johnny Sauter and his ThorSport Racing team got the hammer dropped on them Wednesday. They opened the season with consecutive wins in Daytona and Martinsville.
In the NCWTS race at Kansas this past weekend, the No. 98 committed several rules infractions. Crew chief Joel Shear has been suspended four races and fined $10,000, with Sauter and the team each losing 25 points for the driver and owner championships.
Rules violated include sections:
- 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)
- 12-4K (if in the judgment of NASCAR Officials, race equipment that has been previously verified or previously approved and/or sealed by NASCAR for use in an event, pursuant to sub-section 8-6 and/or 8-12, has been altered, modified, repaired, or changed in any manner)
- 20B-16 (once a fuel cell or fuel cell components have been certified, modifications of any kind will not be permitted to the fuel cell or fuel cell components)
- 20B-16.1B (standard black, safety foam with minimum free-standing height of eight (8) inches, acceptable to NASCAR Officials, and used as provided by an approved fuel cell manufacturer, must be used: Fuel cell safety foam modification.) of the 2013 rule book.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 4
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 4
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 17
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 1
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (18)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)