Apr 24, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Penalties haven’t been enforced just to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series side of the garage. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series drivers and teams are not immune, either.
Johnny Sauter and his ThorSport Racing team got the hammer dropped on them Wednesday. They opened the season with consecutive wins in Daytona and Martinsville.
In the NCWTS race at Kansas this past weekend, the No. 98 committed several rules infractions. Crew chief Joel Shear has been suspended four races and fined $10,000, with Sauter and the team each losing 25 points for the driver and owner championships.
Rules violated include sections:
- 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)
- 12-4K (if in the judgment of NASCAR Officials, race equipment that has been previously verified or previously approved and/or sealed by NASCAR for use in an event, pursuant to sub-section 8-6 and/or 8-12, has been altered, modified, repaired, or changed in any manner)
- 20B-16 (once a fuel cell or fuel cell components have been certified, modifications of any kind will not be permitted to the fuel cell or fuel cell components)
- 20B-16.1B (standard black, safety foam with minimum free-standing height of eight (8) inches, acceptable to NASCAR Officials, and used as provided by an approved fuel cell manufacturer, must be used: Fuel cell safety foam modification.) of the 2013 rule book.
Oct 31, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
16-time NHRA Funny Car champ John Force will make a major sponsorship announcement Saturday in Las Vegas, and is expected to follow that up Tuesday with what major auto manufacturer he’ll be aligned with in 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Kenseth says the only way he’d feel a little better about it is if Harvick manages to make the Championship Race.
Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas
Oct 31, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
Matt Kenseth won the pole Friday at Texas Motor Speedway, but Tony Stewart lived up to his nickname and smoked the field with the fastest qualifying speed ever on a 1.5-mile track.
Oct 31, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Complete with news and analysis, here is all of the action from the COTA paddock on practice day for the United States Grand Prix.
Oct 31, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Speaking to NBCSN’s Will Buxton, America’s great F1 hopeful speaks about recent events at Marussia and his hopes for the future.
Oct 31, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
An on-the-ground perspective of the speed, sound and crowd from Austin second practice.
Racing legend Dan Gurney earns one of rarest and most prestigious awards for lifetime achievements (video)
Oct 31, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Very few race car drivers deserve to be called “legendary.” Dan Gurney is most definitely one of those, and was honored this week with the Edison-Ford Medal for his incomparable lifetime achievements.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
17-year-old Toro Rosso driver continues to prove that age is simply a number in racing.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Austin Dillon was the fastest driver in Friday’s final Nationwide Series practice at Texas Motor Speedway. The defending NNS champ who is now in his rookie season in Sprint Cup, Dillon is making his first NNS start this season in Saturday’s race.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Gauging the pulse of the fans on site at Austin.
Oct 31, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
The Outlaw attempts the “Candy Corn Challenge” – fitting 100 pieces inside his mouth.
Oct 31, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Is there more to Fernando’s future than just McLaren?
Oct 31, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Administrators still hoping to get the team racing in Abu Dhabi, but will aim for the grid in 2015 if this is not possible.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Reddick captures his second Truck pole in the last three races.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
British driver finishes just 0.003 seconds ahead of Rosberg in FP2, equating to just 6.7 inches around the Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The six-time Sprint Cup champion is driving the No. 48 Lowe’s “Red Vest” Chevrolet this weekend.
Oct 31, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Finnish driver has endured a difficult return to Maranello in 2014 after five years away.
Oct 31, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Chase competitors Kevin Harvick and points leader Jeff Gordon crack the Top 5 speeds.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Can Lewis Hamilton double up in the second practice session in Austin? Join us from 3p ET to find out.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
FIA confirms that the German driver has taken a sixth complete power unit, and will have to start the race from the pit lane at COTA.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0