Apr 25, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
Austin’s Circuit of the Americas has already hosted Formula One last November and the GRAND-AM Rolex Series this March. Ahead of last weekend’s Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas MotoGP round, two jumpers decided it could be fun to B.A.S.E. jump off COTA’s 251-foot high tower, that is quickly proving to be the iconic landmark of the facility.
The results – as you can see above – aren’t quite as jaw dropping as Felix Baumgartner’s free fall from space last summer, another Red Bull project. But at least this keeps Red Bull in the news for something other than internal team drama between Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber, or their concerns about Pirelli’s 2013 tire compounds.
The next race for COTA is the Australian V8 Supercars and Pirelli World Challenge, from May 17-19. A round of the FIA World Endurance Championship and American Le Mans Series occurs in September, with the second U.S. Grand Prix in Austin to be held, once again, in November.
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 0
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1
- 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix Preview 0
- Preview: Anyone’s game as IndyCar heads to historic Long Beach 1