Apr 25, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Danica Patrick‘s first full season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has been a mixed bag of results and stories. Pole and eighth place in the Daytona 500 was followed by a crash in Phoenix, and a slight rebound later in the year at Martinsville with a respectable 12th place result.
Still, with results far from the topic of conversation, Patrick traveled to New York for an appearance on “The Colbert Report.” Stephen Colbert had Patrick on a jam-packed show that also included President Bill Clinton, who with Colbert’s assistance, officially launched a Twitter account. Patrick, meanwhile, chimed in on pre-race rituals and status as both a female driver, or just in general, a driver.
Video from NASCAR America
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 1
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 10
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0