Apr 25, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Danica Patrick‘s first full season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has been a mixed bag of results and stories. Pole and eighth place in the Daytona 500 was followed by a crash in Phoenix, and a slight rebound later in the year at Martinsville with a respectable 12th place result.
Still, with results far from the topic of conversation, Patrick traveled to New York for an appearance on “The Colbert Report.” Stephen Colbert had Patrick on a jam-packed show that also included President Bill Clinton, who with Colbert’s assistance, officially launched a Twitter account. Patrick, meanwhile, chimed in on pre-race rituals and status as both a female driver, or just in general, a driver.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 0
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0