Apr 26, 2013, 10:59 PM EST
Kyle Busch‘s recent assault on the NASCAR Nationwide Series was halted tonight at Richmond International Raceway, as Brad Keselowski took the lead from him with nine laps to go and held on to win the ToyotaCare 250 at “The Action Track.”
Busch was aiming for his fourth consecutive NNS victory and fifth of the season, but was unable to hold back Keselowski and Kevin Harvick, who attempted to muster a final charge against Keselowski before settling for the runner-up position. Behind the third-place Busch was Brian Vickers in fourth and Regan Smith in fifth.
Keselowski, Busch and Harvick dueled heavily for the win in the final stages of the race, with Harvick pulling ahead of Keselowski briefly after a restart on Lap 221. A few laps later, Busch managed to pass them both but couldn’t stop Keselowski from taking the point for good at Lap 241.
After the race, short-track tempers flared on pit road between Brian Scott and Nelson Piquet, Jr., which culminated in a personal confrontation that saw Piquet appear to kick Scott below the belt. Both drivers were called to the Nationwide hauler for the incident, which drew plenty of comments along the Twittersphere.
Among the more humorous tweets was one from Sprint Cup driver Clint Bowyer, who chimed in: “A guy might need to think about using a “cup” while driving in the @NASCAR_NNS series from here out.
#hieeyah“ Fellow Cup star Denny Hamlin also had a good one: “I can just picture Brian walking up and Nelson is in a full on crane stance just waiting to drop the hammer”
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0