Apr 26, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Through the first two Pirelli World Challenge weekends of the year, GT and GTS have had the sole focus on them. Starting at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas May 17-19, TC and TCB will get a share of the spotlight.
For Rimicci Corse, a new team that will run two Fiat 500 Abarths in TC with Anthony Rimicci and Ken Dobson, it’s been a thrash converting a production version of the car into a racing version. But, the family team has already put the car through the ringer once – it made its race debut at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in December.
The video above is the first the team is producing in the run up to COTA next month. Rather than Thunderhill, Rimicci describes the street car’s first test at Buttonwillow in June 2012.
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 2
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 54