Apr 26, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Through the first two Pirelli World Challenge weekends of the year, GT and GTS have had the sole focus on them. Starting at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas May 17-19, TC and TCB will get a share of the spotlight.
For Rimicci Corse, a new team that will run two Fiat 500 Abarths in TC with Anthony Rimicci and Ken Dobson, it’s been a thrash converting a production version of the car into a racing version. But, the family team has already put the car through the ringer once – it made its race debut at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in December.
The video above is the first the team is producing in the run up to COTA next month. Rather than Thunderhill, Rimicci describes the street car’s first test at Buttonwillow in June 2012.
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 1
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 1
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 3
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 12
- Hawksworth: “I wouldn’t say it was crazy; it was exciting” 2
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0