Apr 26, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Through the first two Pirelli World Challenge weekends of the year, GT and GTS have had the sole focus on them. Starting at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas May 17-19, TC and TCB will get a share of the spotlight.
For Rimicci Corse, a new team that will run two Fiat 500 Abarths in TC with Anthony Rimicci and Ken Dobson, it’s been a thrash converting a production version of the car into a racing version. But, the family team has already put the car through the ringer once – it made its race debut at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in December.
The video above is the first the team is producing in the run up to COTA next month. Rather than Thunderhill, Rimicci describes the street car’s first test at Buttonwillow in June 2012.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5