Apr 27, 2013, 9:23 PM EST
Fittingly enough, a pair of Toyota drivers have led the field for most of the night in the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond International Raceway. Clint Bowyer, who had three of his Michael Waltrip Racing engines recalled by Toyota Racing Development, is currently leading the way with pole sitter Matt Kenseth a steady second.
Bowyer managed to take the lead from Kenseth in the pits after caution came out for debris at Lap 109. He’s been able to keep the point up to halfway, but hasn’t been able to shake Kenseth, who’s out to win a second consecutive race for his beleaguered team.
The race has been relatively uneventful outside of Brad Keselowski hitting the wall on Lap 157 after his right front tire went down (he ran 20th at halfway). However, a sprinkler has gone off twice inside the frontstretch grass — the first time under the Keselowski caution, the second time during the subsequent green flag run.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series – Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond
Top 10 at Halfway (Lap 200 of 400)
1. Clint Bowyer
2. Matt Kenseth
3. Kurt Busch
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Kyle Busch
9. Mark Martin
10. Martin Truex Jr.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2