Apr 27, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
Fittingly enough, a pair of Toyota drivers have led the field for most of the night in the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond International Raceway. Clint Bowyer, who had three of his Michael Waltrip Racing engines recalled by Toyota Racing Development, is currently leading the way with pole sitter Matt Kenseth a steady second.
Bowyer managed to take the lead from Kenseth in the pits after caution came out for debris at Lap 109. He’s been able to keep the point up to halfway, but hasn’t been able to shake Kenseth, who’s out to win a second consecutive race for his beleaguered team.
The race has been relatively uneventful outside of Brad Keselowski hitting the wall on Lap 157 after his right front tire went down (he ran 20th at halfway). However, a sprinkler has gone off twice inside the frontstretch grass — the first time under the Keselowski caution, the second time during the subsequent green flag run.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series – Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond
Top 10 at Halfway (Lap 200 of 400)
1. Clint Bowyer
2. Matt Kenseth
3. Kurt Busch
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Kyle Busch
9. Mark Martin
10. Martin Truex Jr.
- Report: Cleveland out for 2016 IndyCar schedule, still possible for future 0
- It’s not the years, but the mileage for Scott Dixon going into 250th start 0
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2