Apr 29, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Charlie Kimball’s Long Beach weekend will be featured in the first 2013 episode of INDYCAR 36. It airs at 6:30 p.m. ET this Saturday, May 4, on the NBC Sports Network.
Kimball has had the best three-race qualifying streak of his career to open his third season in IndyCar. The Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing driver has started 14th, fifth and ninth in the first three races, after starting better than 13th only once in 2012.
He finished fourth at Barber Motorsports Park in what was widely considered his best weekend in three seasons.
Some of the elements the IMS Productions show will likely touch on include Kimball’s throwing out the first pitch at a Los Angeles Dodgers game ahead of the weekend, and how he races with Type 1 diabetes. More than 60 family members and friends were on hand to support him during the weekend.
The next round of the IZOD IndyCar Series, the Itaipava Sao Paulo Indy 300 presented by Nestle, airs Sunday, May 5 at 11 a.m. ET on the NBC Sports Network, and NBC Sports Live Extra for online and mobile devices.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 6
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1