Apr 29, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Charlie Kimball’s Long Beach weekend will be featured in the first 2013 episode of INDYCAR 36. It airs at 6:30 p.m. ET this Saturday, May 4, on the NBC Sports Network.
Kimball has had the best three-race qualifying streak of his career to open his third season in IndyCar. The Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing driver has started 14th, fifth and ninth in the first three races, after starting better than 13th only once in 2012.
He finished fourth at Barber Motorsports Park in what was widely considered his best weekend in three seasons.
Some of the elements the IMS Productions show will likely touch on include Kimball’s throwing out the first pitch at a Los Angeles Dodgers game ahead of the weekend, and how he races with Type 1 diabetes. More than 60 family members and friends were on hand to support him during the weekend.
The next round of the IZOD IndyCar Series, the Itaipava Sao Paulo Indy 300 presented by Nestle, airs Sunday, May 5 at 11 a.m. ET on the NBC Sports Network, and NBC Sports Live Extra for online and mobile devices.
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 1
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 1
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 3
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 12
- Hawksworth: “I wouldn’t say it was crazy; it was exciting” 2
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0