Apr 29, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Tony Stewart made headlines in Talladega last year for two reasons.
In April, his legendary snark and wiseacre nature came to the forefront when he said, “We didn’t crash enough cars” and suggested the race should be run on a “Figure 8” course. See the above video for more.
In October, he single-handedly attempted to rectify those sarcastic comments when he made contact with Michael Waltrip, and started the traditional “Big One” that took out more than a dozen cars.
As this is the first Gen-6 race at Talladega, and after a mild Daytona 500 but one where Stewart was involved with an accident, it will be interesting to see what headlines the three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion will generate this time around.
Ideally, he’ll be hoping it will be for surviving the inevitable carnage. Stewart is off to a slow start in 2013, ranking only 22nd in the points standings with one top-10 finish in the first nine races.
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 2
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 7
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52