Apr 30, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen has made the biggest gain in his points tally over the first four races compared to the same period last year.
The Lotus driver, who won the season-opening race in Melbourne, is second in the drivers’ championship with 33 points more than he had this time last year.
Felipe Massa and Sebastian Vettel are the only other drivers to have posted double-digit gains in their points tallies so far.
Fernando Alonso’s retirement in Malaysia and DRS problems in Bahrain mean he has added just four points over his 2012 total at this point, despite the disadvantage had in these races last year with a less competitive car.
In the constructors’ championship, McLaren’s difficulties with their MP4-28 has wiped 69 points off their points tally compared with this time last year, at which time they were second in the standings.
Sauber are also enduring a difficult start to the season off the back of a strong 2012.
See how all the drivers and teams compared against their 2012 performance after four races in these tables:
Drivers’ championship points
|8||Paul di Resta||20||+5|
|21||Giedo van der Garde||0||n/a|
Constructors’ championship points
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2