Apr 30, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen has made the biggest gain in his points tally over the first four races compared to the same period last year.
The Lotus driver, who won the season-opening race in Melbourne, is second in the drivers’ championship with 33 points more than he had this time last year.
Felipe Massa and Sebastian Vettel are the only other drivers to have posted double-digit gains in their points tallies so far.
Fernando Alonso’s retirement in Malaysia and DRS problems in Bahrain mean he has added just four points over his 2012 total at this point, despite the disadvantage had in these races last year with a less competitive car.
In the constructors’ championship, McLaren’s difficulties with their MP4-28 has wiped 69 points off their points tally compared with this time last year, at which time they were second in the standings.
Sauber are also enduring a difficult start to the season off the back of a strong 2012.
See how all the drivers and teams compared against their 2012 performance after four races in these tables:
Drivers’ championship points
|8||Paul di Resta||20||+5|
|21||Giedo van der Garde||0||n/a|
Constructors’ championship points
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 0
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3