May 1, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
She shoots, she scores.
Before making her way to Talladega Superspeedway, Sprint Cup rookie Danica Patrick was in the house at Chicago’s United Center for Game 1 of the Blackhawks’ quarterfinal series versus the Minnesota Wild — a game that the ‘Hawks took in overtime, 2-1.
But perhaps the home team wouldn’t have needed extra hockey to vanquish the Wild if Patrick had suited up on the ice. Because as it turns out, the Stewart-Haas Racing driver appears to have a decent wrist shot — and perhaps a touch of beginner’s luck — as she put the biscuit in the basket on her first try during the ‘Hawks “Shoot The Puck” promotion in the second intermission.
Meanwhile on the track, Patrick will be taking on some extra work this weekend at Talladega. She’ll be running the NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Saturday in addition to the Aaron’s 499 main event on Sunday. For the NNS race (her second of 2013), Patrick will drive the No. 34 Turner Scott Motorsports entry.
Considering her growing reputation as a threat on restrictor-plate tracks, this could prove to be a fruitful decision. Patrick finished 13th in last year’s NNS event at ‘Dega.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 1
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 1
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1