May 1, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
A panel has upheld penalties issued to Penske Racing after the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.
The three-person National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel, Pocono Raceway president Brandon Igdalsky, former NASCAR vp Paul Brooks and Bowman-Gray Stadium operator Dale Pinilis, unanimously upheld the penalties following Penske’s appeal.
The Associated Press’ Jenna Fryer tweeted that Penske will appeal to the next level, Chief Appellate Officer John Middlebrook. Fryer added it is unclear whether the suspended crewmembers can work in the garage this weekend at Talladega, or wait for Middlebrook to defer the suspensions.
At present, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano‘s crew chiefs, Penske Racing team manager Travis Geisler and four other crewmembers, are set to incur a six-race suspension with the crew chiefs also each fined $100,000.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 2
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2