May 1, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
A panel has upheld penalties issued to Penske Racing after the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.
The three-person National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel, Pocono Raceway president Brandon Igdalsky, former NASCAR vp Paul Brooks and Bowman-Gray Stadium operator Dale Pinilis, unanimously upheld the penalties following Penske’s appeal.
The Associated Press’ Jenna Fryer tweeted that Penske will appeal to the next level, Chief Appellate Officer John Middlebrook. Fryer added it is unclear whether the suspended crewmembers can work in the garage this weekend at Talladega, or wait for Middlebrook to defer the suspensions.
At present, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano‘s crew chiefs, Penske Racing team manager Travis Geisler and four other crewmembers, are set to incur a six-race suspension with the crew chiefs also each fined $100,000.
Video from NASCAR America
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 0
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
- Alexander Rossi to make F1 debut in Belgium, replaces Chilton 6
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 5