May 1, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
A panel has upheld penalties issued to Penske Racing after the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.
The three-person National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel, Pocono Raceway president Brandon Igdalsky, former NASCAR vp Paul Brooks and Bowman-Gray Stadium operator Dale Pinilis, unanimously upheld the penalties following Penske’s appeal.
The Associated Press’ Jenna Fryer tweeted that Penske will appeal to the next level, Chief Appellate Officer John Middlebrook. Fryer added it is unclear whether the suspended crewmembers can work in the garage this weekend at Talladega, or wait for Middlebrook to defer the suspensions.
At present, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano‘s crew chiefs, Penske Racing team manager Travis Geisler and four other crewmembers, are set to incur a six-race suspension with the crew chiefs also each fined $100,000.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 6
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0