May 1, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
A panel has upheld penalties issued to Penske Racing after the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.
The three-person National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel, Pocono Raceway president Brandon Igdalsky, former NASCAR vp Paul Brooks and Bowman-Gray Stadium operator Dale Pinilis, unanimously upheld the penalties following Penske’s appeal.
The Associated Press’ Jenna Fryer tweeted that Penske will appeal to the next level, Chief Appellate Officer John Middlebrook. Fryer added it is unclear whether the suspended crewmembers can work in the garage this weekend at Talladega, or wait for Middlebrook to defer the suspensions.
At present, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano‘s crew chiefs, Penske Racing team manager Travis Geisler and four other crewmembers, are set to incur a six-race suspension with the crew chiefs also each fined $100,000.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Thursday round-up (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 0
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12